Below is our Covid-19 plan for Perth Scoliosis Clinic in accordance with WA State Government advice.
The safety of our staff, patients and their families along with our ability to continue to provide quality expert care are of the utmost importance to us.
Due to our location inside the McCourt Street Medical Center, we are required to follow the building’s rules and guidelines on vaccine mandates, policies and procedures, which are as follows:
- On arrival, patients will be screened on entry to the building’s ground floor.
- Temperature checks will be taken.
- Patients will be required to sign in and sanitise.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building, including our clinic rooms, waiting areas, the elevator and toilets.
- To enter the building, all patients and family members 16 years and over will be required to provide the appropriate proof of vaccination (https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus/covid-19-coronavirus-what-proof-of-covid-19-vaccinations-can-i-use)
In our clinic rooms, the following policies and procedures will be in place:
- Prior to an appointment, please ensure you have filled out the Confirmation/Covid declaration form. This must be completed 24-48 hours before the appointment.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Please stay away if you or your family member are experiencing any signs of a cold, flu, runny nose, sore throat, chills, fever, body aches, loss of smell, headaches, cough, nausea or diarrhea.
- Please sanitise your hands appropriately before using shared surfaces and equipment. All surfaces will be cleaned after use.
- Social distancing measures will apply.
- All clinic staff are fully vaccinated, including booster shots when eligible.
- We are currently in the process of installing acrylic screens.
- We ask that you only bring one support person per appointment. Where possible, teenagers are welcome to attend appointments alone, with parents remaining in the waiting area. Please note, this is only if the patient feels comfortable to do so, otherwise one support person is allowed.
If you do not meet the building vaccination status requirements we will provide you with Telehealth appointments instead – we are very experienced and confident in offering Telehealth services.
If you or your family members are required to isolate and are therefore unable to attend your appointment, or your therapist is required to isolate, we will offer you a Telehealth appointment instead as appropriate. If you are required to late cancel due to Covid test quarantine requirements, no fees will be charged, if proof of covid test can be provided.
Any other measures will be adhered to in accordance with the WA Health advice at the time.
These guidelines are necessary for our practice to comply with government requirements and we acknowledge the possible inconveniences of some of these measures. We ask that you remain patient and courteous to all of our staff as we work together to keep you and your loved ones safe. Abuse of our staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Please know that we will always strive to do our best to make sure everyone receives the best treatment services possible in the safest environment possible.